The county medical society is an integral partner with the Pennsylvania Medical Society. As a member of both medical societies, your benefits include:
- Reimbursement for CME courses for young physicians under 45 as stipulated in the Howard F. Pyfer Fund
- MCMS Speakers Bureau provides members an opportunity to connect with your community by volunteering to educate others on health related issues.
- Medical-Legal Committee provides a forum for physicians and attorneys to discuss issues of common interest
- Annual Dinner with Montgomery County legislators. Local county involvement with other health-related agencies and human services
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills through MCMS task forces, councils and commissions
- Annual Docs on Call Program with a local television station.
- Weekly updates through the electronic newsletter – The Pulse
- Eager staff to assist physicians, both locally and statewide
- Patient safety and risk management CME plus online CME tracker through the state society
- Physician reimbursement information and guidance form the PAMED practice economics and payer relations staff
- Advocate for third party payers, Medicare, Medicaid and other issues of importance to physicians
- Several publications to keep you informed about political, practice management and patient issues
- Useful web site, JobBank, online store, legislative contacts and the list goes on...
In essence, the society provides a forum for physicians to work collectively for the profession, patients and practice.
Join or renew your membership now.
For more information, contact your MCMS office, 610-878-9530.